Non-registered users can READ the message boards, but not post. Access to the BBS is FREE to all users. No registration is required to read messages. To POST messages, please create a new
user account. You will be prompted to create a new account when you visit for the first time.
You should read these rules before joining, they are IMPORTANT and strictly enforced.
Terms of Service
- Be Clean: Adhere to decency and refrain from obcenity. No vulgar,
abusive or hateful language.
- Be Nice: No posting of material that antagonizes, harasses or creates
hostility toward another user or group of.
- Be Courteous: No posting to purposely interfere with normal dialog flow.
- Be Polite: No targeting of another user by harassing or giving
unwarranted attention to or attacking ones race or gender.
- Be Prudent: Please use the subject classifications already setup in
folders for your posts. If you need a new subject area, contact the sysop.
- Be Real: We require the use of your real name and E-Mail address, so
others will know who you are. The password system insures no one can impersonate
- Be Spam Free: Please don't post the same material to multiple areas.
Please no commercial postings or self-serving messages. This is a discussion
board. No posting of messages to promote your own web page URL.
- Be Understanding: We reserve the right to delete any message we feel
violates any of these rules. Please report any abuse to the sysop. Repeated
violation of any rules results in your termination.
- Be Observant: Read the instructions that are presented on the screen.
Many frustrations can be avoided, by educating yourself on proper the usage of our
- Be Trustworthy: Do not post private email from others that you have
received directly from them. If they want their words public, let them post it.
- Be Responsible: Do not post slanderous, libelous or any defamatory statements on our BBS. We will
not be held responsible for your posts, but just the same, we'd rather not go there! Posts that
appear to be defamatory should have supporting references included.
- Be Aware: While all opinions are wlecome, both pro and con, both in support of and critical of any guests, or issues, we do not tolerate mean-spirited, antagonistic, flame baiting posts. There are plenty of BBS Forums out there that accept that kind of posting. We only accept civilized, polite, friendly discourse. If you cannot live by this rule, do not post.
- Be Accepting: If you violate the above guidelines, be assured you will either have your post deleted, or your access denied or both. Read the Top Ten Reasons why your post will be deleted in the announcements post at the top of each section of the BBS. If you are here to incite flames and/or antagonize users, be assured, you will be removed from the forum.
- Be Informed: Reading the rules and any messages or announcements posted by the sysops,
is your responsilbility. Don't be surprised by the actions taken by the sysops, because you violated the rules. Our members insist we enforce these rules, as they are here to enjoy a friendly, civilized discussion board, that stays on topic and discusses the topics of the Art Bell program.
- Be Observant: Watch for any announcements posted by the sysops, in the announcement area of the BBS. These announcements are generally posted as the first topic of each thread.
- Be Selective: Don't buy into the flame bait that some members may post. You may be drawn into a "flame war" and we do not tolerate it. Report any potential rule violations to us, and resist replying on the BBS itself.
- Be Private: If you have any concerns or criticism on how we operate this BBS, do NOT post your query on the BBS. Send us an E-Mail and we'll explain any issue you have. If you decide to publically show your ignorance on the board, you only make a fool of yourself, before we can explain and correct any misperception you may have of our operation and rules.
- Be Gone: If you are under the impression that this is a free-for-all Forum, or that we somehow are a public BBS that allows all FREE SPEECH, you can go elsewhere. This is a PRIVATELY operated BBS, and has established rules of etiquette. You are a guest here and have been extended "priviledges" if you follow our rules. This BBS is NOT your right! You are NOT given a right to post anything you want here. If you cannot deal with these rules, Be Gone! There are plenty of uncivilized free forums out there. We don't want you. You will quickly be discouraged and be tempted to flame us. Don't even start.
- Be Welcomed: If you are looking for a BBS Forum that encourages civilized discussion, flame-free debates, non-threatening members, honest identities, relaxed environment, this is your place to be. WELCOME! We are the place you've been looking for.
Top Ten Reasons Your Posts May Be Deleted:
Our terms of service is a general set of guidelines. These are the top ten examples of specific violations:
10. You did not register with your real, complete full name, so all the posts that you made were deleted.
9. You created a thread on a topic that was already ongoing, so your new thread and all posts within were deleted.
9a. Your post might be on topic, but was posted in a duplicate thread that was deleted. (at no fault of your own)
8. Your post was not on the topic of the thread that you posted it in, so it was deleted.
8a. You're post was antagonistic and designed to inflame the members rather than contribute to constructive debate.
7. Your post did not contribute any worthwhile addition to the discussion, with short posts like "me too" or " I agree". That is chit chat not discussion.
6. Your post was a personal message to one other member, which is best put in a private email to that member, not of interest to all readers. Such as: "Good Morning Jane, nice to see you here today." or "Hi Bob, long time no see."
5. You made the same post in multiple areas. All but the one in the appropriate area would be deleted.
4. Your post contained copyrighted material. This is against the law. It could be deleted. We prefer linking to the material along with some related comments.
3. Your post shamelessly self-promoted your website, and/or commercial venture, or the website that was linked did not contribute to the conversation.
2. Your post crossed the line of constructive criticism and civilized behavior or degenerated into excessive negativity towards the operators of this bbs, Premiere Radio or the guests and hosts of the show (Well written, constructive criticism is always allowed). We welcome all opinions but only if it is civilized. It would be considered exteme bad taste to come to our place and post rude and derogatory messages about us.
1. You personally attacked a member, rather than staying on the issue.
Should your post be deleted, please consider these examples in determining why your post may have been deleted and don't assume your post was deleted because we disagreed with your point of view or have any particular agenda.
If you need further explanation why a particular post or thread was deleted, you will need to send us all the particulars in order for me to be able to determine the reason. While we try to be as objective as possible we do have to make close calls that you may not always agree with, but we have the right to make that call. We have always tried to maintain a friendly, civilized and informative environment for our readers by enforcing the above rules. It is not an easy job but it's worth the effort.
Keith and Mary Rowland, Your SYSOPs